It has definitely been a wild week, one filled with hustle and bustle in the renewable energy arena. Surely, the most notable event this was Tesla Motor's successful move on to the stock market.
So, weekly trekkers I hope your ready to go, today's ride is an action-packed one. Strap on your helmets because...
Here are the Top 10 Renewable Energy News Stories You May Have Missed This Week:
1. Hurricane Alex 2010 Wreaks Havoc on BP's Oil Containment Efforts - The oft-speculated day has arrived: Tropical Storm Alex 2010 is ripping through the Gulf of Mexico, stalling BP's oil leak clean-up efforts.
2. XBox Offers Gulf Oil Spill Video Game - How do you know the iconography of the BP Gulf of Mexico oil disaster is truly becoming entrenched in pop culture? There is now a Gulf oil spill video game.
3. Crude Awakening [Photos] - Acclaimed artist Jane Fulton Alt's new photography collection, "Crude Awakening" communicates the hurt, damage, and devastation of the BP Gulf of Mexico oil disaster in a way that words cannot.
4. Hurricane Alex Update: Apple-Sized Oil Balls Get Pushed Onto Louisiana Beaches - Strong winds from Hurricane Alex coupled with high tide have pushed more oil onto the shores of the Gulf Coast. The hurricane's wrath has pushed oil globules the size of apples onto the beaches of Elmer's Island, Louisiana.
5. Africa's Largest Wind Farm Opens in Morocco - The largest wind farm in Africa was inaugurated in Northern Morocco this week by King Mohammed VI as part of a larger, ongoing renewable energy plan.
6. TSLA is Hot: Tesla Motors' Stock Soars After IPO - Telsa Motors Inc.'s shares (Nasdaq:TSLA) surged in the company's first day on the market.
7. Top Five Ways to Bring Accountability to Ocean Drilling - It’s clear now that the oil companies know how to get oil from deep underwater, but have no idea how to prevent or stop a disaster with any reliability. As the U.S. Government revamps this industry, we offer our Top Five Recommendations.
8. EBOOM CAPITAL: Geothermal Heat Pumps Ara a 'No-Brainer' For Buildings and for Investors - Buildings in the United States use more energy and emit more carbon dioxide than transportation or industry, so investors should be looking for a way to participate in a solution. Geothermal heat pumps offer quite the opportunity.
9. Samsung's Solar Guru: The World's First Solar-Powered Mobile Phone - This past month, Samsung launched the world's first solar-powered mobile phone, The Solar Guru E1107, to the Indian market.
10. Thanet's Last Turbine Installed: World's Largest Offshore Wind Farm Almost Ready - The final turbine at the Thanet Offshore Wind Farm in the United Kingdom has been put in its place. When construction is complete at the end of the summer, Thanet will be the world's largest operating offshore wind farm.
That is it, you can un-strap and catch your breath. If you can't get enough of this fast-paced world, be sure to follow EnergyBoom on Twitter and Facebook so you can receive up to the minute updates. To all our American readers, Happy Independence Day Weekend.
Any opinion contained in this article is solely that of the writers, and does not necessarily shape or reflect the editorial opinions of Energy Boom. Energy Boom content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be advice regarding the investment merits of, or a recommendation regarding the purchase or sale of, any security identified on, or linked through, this site.