It was an exciting week for EnergyBoom as we welcomed several new contributors to our team. In the coming weeks EnergyBoom will continue to diversify and increase its content by adding more talented and experienced contributors to our already spectacular team.
As a result of our new additions the amount of content has almost doubled this week, making it a tall task to narrow down the ten "can't miss stories of the week." Nevertheless, I will give it a shot.
Here are this week's 10 Hottest Renewable Energy Stories You May Have Missed:
1. New High Efficiency Lighting Gets Smart - Learn about high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting systems which can create average lighting savings of 30% to 60%.
2. Arise Technologies: A Solar Player Hoping to Rise Again - The past year has been hard for all renewable sectors, but the solar industry has been hit particularly hard. Learn about how one company is weathering the storm.
3. HOLY RESEARCH BATMAN! Scientists Help Solve Issues with Bats and Wind Power - Researchers have developed a way to both reduce bat fatalities caused by wind turbines, and also maintain the amount of power generated by the turbines.
4. Rough Patch Ahead for Biofuels but Sector Could Grow 225% by 2020 - New research has come out which shows the biofuel sector will endure some growing pains in the next couple of years; but, by 2020, biofuels will blossom into a $247 billion industry.
5. Rumors and Reality About Volkswagen's 258 MPG Car - Leslie Berliant exposes the truth about the insanely fuel efficient car Volkswagen plans to release in 2010.
6. Southern California Edison Signs 960 Megawatt Solar, Wind Energy Deal - The utility, Southern Califorinia Edison (SCE) has signed multiple deals to have solar and wind power supplied to it. The biggest contract SCE signed was to purchase 726 MW of power from Solar Millenium.
7. Lamborghini Plans to Reduce Its Emissions in a Big Way - The sportscar manufacturer will not only reduce the carbon emissions of its vehicles but also of its manufacturing plants.
8. Atlanta Startup EnerTech Environmental Turns Human Waste into Fuel - EnerTech has designed a process called "SlurryCarb" which takes human waste and transforms it into a biofuel which costs less than coal.
9. Investing in Alternative Energy: A Bright Future - If you haven't noticed renewable energy has been taking the world by storm. Find out why clean energy is being labeled "the largest economic opportunity of the 21st century."
10. Obama's Plan for Western Clean Energy - Find out why the U.S. federal governement has announced a set of initiatives to promote the development of clean energy technologies and infrastructure in the western United States.
This is only a taste of what was posted on EnergyBoom this week. If you have a favourite writer, you can check out his/her latest posts by clicking on the "contributors" link. Otherwise, you can always find up-to-date information by perusing through any of our solar, wind, bio-energy, geothermal, transportation, and emerging technology channels.
Any opinion contained in this article is solely that of the writers, and does not necessarily shape or reflect the editorial opinions of Energy Boom. Energy Boom content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be advice regarding the investment merits of, or a recommendation regarding the purchase or sale of, any security identified on, or linked through, this site.